Early autumn and late 2020s (already?)

  Summer passed and it wasn't likely enjoyable, following various developments that occurred and many plans I've had were dropped. 
     Fig.1. Acer Negundo as early September 

  Weather is still warm and sunny, yet it will gradually get darker and rain season is going to begin by October (possible). The fall colors already show on my bonsai forest, mostly on leaves that didn't receive enough light during the season. 

A possible demise

   During mid July an incident occured and I was almost to lose the bonsai forest- key broke into the lock and I left everything in a mess at home- windows broad open, clothes wet left into the washing machine- my bonsai forest was to be watered later that day, but once I couldn't enter home I decided to leave everything behind. I fell ill that weekend and spent entire week in bed. However, major issues were solved along the broken key and the bonsai forest was rescued on time. 
    Fig.2. Forest as of July
    Fig.3. The forest one day prior the incident  

Aftermath 

   I've returned home in early August, after two weeks I've been away- tired of countryside life, went on a short trip. The bonsai forest was alright and looking exactly as it was when I left. 
   When I returned home, I likely went into a "new world"- several changes occurred in the block of flats, home felt like 20 years ago when I was 6 and it took some time to accommodate. 
    Fig.4. A real size Negundo compared to my tree

  I've spotted various Acer Negundos on that trip I've been (Fig.4), though it was short and returned home exhausted- fell ill again and dealt with a dental abscess. 
  I recovered later and went back to my default lifestyle, this time being more carefully when I water the bonsai forest and lock the door. It wasn't my fault, it just happened (in Captain Claw speedrunning is called "poor RNG").

 Wake me up when September ends 

Though it's been 20 years since I started school, I realised growing up is never easy. That first day of school in 2006, being left alone in a stark environment and managing not to get scared by the blackboard and other unknown kids. Ironically I've discovered bonsai at school, one day when we're given free magazines featuring plants and animals, one magazine depicting a miniature oak tree, called "bonsai" ("tree in pot" translated). I don't know the whereabouts of those magazines, but I've got into a hobby years later. Another picture in the magazine depicted a bonsai forest potted in a white pot (resembled my current forest).
  The project passed through various changes over the years, trees developed quite well and a lot of work was poured into it to keep it alive. It would have been a big lose, especially since I'm no longer into the same creative mood as I was when I originally planted it. I was neither in 2022, but my creative performance remained the same until late 2024. Everything feels off recently and my last resort became the Acer Negundo bonsai forest and photography. 
  
    Fig.5. 2022 vs 2026
        Fig.6. Bonsai forest after my return back home

    Fig.7. Nocturnal forest

  September is the last month of vegetation for the bonsai forest. By October the leaves will turn yellow and trees get dormant. Amid actual chaos, 2025 and 2026 were quite good years for the bonsai forest- major growth occurred and a possible repotting is planned for upcoming spring. I'm still bringing it inside, though once the temperatures outside will drop, I must let it in the balcony and accommodate gradually with the darkening weather. Deciduous trees must enter dormancy, they must recover after the summer and shine again during spring. That's it. AS 2026
Hint (Fig.6)- the chair the bonsai forest sits on was found at the trash bins in 2022. 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whereabouts of my Acer Negundo bonsai forest 3/7/2026

Update 2024 - "Acer Negundo" bonsai forest

A cold April - Acer Negundo bonsai forest 23/4/2024